Address: 259 East Putnam Avenue, Greenwich, CT, 06830
Phone: (203) 869-6501
When you join YWCA Greenwich, you become part of a community of courage, compassion, and commitment to every person who walks through our doors.
YWCA Greenwich Preschool is a world of learning, laughter and love. An international student body from ages 15 months to 5 years, experience a state-of-the-art facility, a new STEAM Lab, and a community of special educators who care deeply about every child’s development.
YWCA Greenwich Preschool’s 10-month program is the only area preschool that includes gymnastics, music, Spanish, STEAM activities, Swimming, Yoga and visits monthly from a Naturalist as part of its curriculum at no extra charge. YWCA Greenwich Preschool also offers flexible scheduling to fit different family needs.
Our objective is to create activities based on your child’s individual needs and interests that provide a foundation for language and reading skills, as well as other academic pursuits.
The preschool is set on a lovely, 6.5-acre site in central Greenwich. Annually renovated to meet upgraded standards, it contains large classrooms and areas for childhood learning. Rooms are specifically designed to facilitate development at each age and stage of development. It is a safe, happy and clean environment that permits children to learn at their own pace.
Visiting our facility is the first step in deciding whether the YWCA Greenwich Preschool is right for you and your child. To schedule a tour and begin the application process, click through on the button below and fill out the online form. Once we receive your information, you will be contacted to come in for a tour and meeting with Geri Smiles, Director of Childhood Education at YWCA Greenwich. Spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
At YWCA Greenwich, we seek to inspire a passion for learning through our preschool, after-school and youth fitness and enrichment programs. Children develop socially, emotionally and physically, while learning the value of teamwork.
High quality programs begin September 3:
• The YWCA Greenwich Steven & Alexander Cohen Preschool for ages 15 months to 5 years is a 10-month program that includes age-appropriate STEAM activities and is the only area preschool that includes six special classes in gymnastics, music, Spanish, swimming, yoga and visits from Stamford Nature Center as part of the tuition. • Kaleidoscope After-School Program for ages Kindergarten – 5th grade combines homework, enrichment and sports to help children build on classroom learning while having fun. STEAM activities are a key component of the program. • The new YW Hub is a perfect hangout for middle-school girls and boys. The new after-school program allows students to be with friends, share ideas, do homework and participate in sports and other activities they choose in a safe and supervised environment. • YWCA Dolphins Swim School for ages 6 month to teens. American Red Cross Certified instructors are experts in helping even the most timid students learn to swim. • Greenwich Junior Babe Ruth Baseball, ages 13 -15. Tryouts are on August 17, at Strazza Field, Greenwich, 9 – 11 a.m. • YWCA Gymnastics programs range from ages 16 months through 12 years. • Indoor and outdoor Tennis Lessons for age 3 – 13 years are taught by expert instructor Hugh Underhill • No matter what level, YWCA Junior Golf instruction will help your child improve their game! Ages 5 – 12
Go to ywcagreenwich.org to learn more!
In a nurturing environment, with certified teachers, the goal of YWCA Greenwich - Steven and Alexandra Cohen Preschool Center is to help every child be happy, confident, eager to learn, and well-prepared for kindergarten.
YWCA Greenwich is the only area preschool program that includes six special classes: Gymnastics, Music, Spanish, Swimming, Yoga and a monthly Naturalist from Stamford Nature Center.
At the Steven and Alexandra Cohen Preschool Center, an international student body between the ages of 15 months to 5 years experience a unique early learning curriculum that builds a strong platform for a life-long love of learning.
Our preschool is set on a lovely, 6.5 acre site -. They offer a beautiful, modern, spotless facility - right in the heart of Greenwich - and employs a community of trained educators who care about your child's development and well-being.
Our objectives are to create activities based on your child’s individual needs and interests that provide a foundation for language and reading skills, as well as other academic pursuits.
A new state-of-the-art STEAM Lab has been added to use imaginative and creative approaches to encourage critical thinking.
At YWCA Greenwich, we are dedicated to bringing out the lifelong learner in every child.
We believe that children can acquire social, intellectual, emotional and physical skills in a setting where the process of learning is an adventure. Our experienced teachers encourage children to be independent, active, confident and creative explorers. Children are always allowed to progress in their own way and at their own pace.
Our focus is also on teaching students good habits and attitudes that lead to a positive sense of self. In this way, children learn how to be “at home” with themselves, with preschool staff, within their families and with the world around them.
The two most important elements of the preschool curriculum are helping children get along well with others and preparing them to become enthusiastic learners.
Our teachers are dedicated to helping children learn important fundamental concepts and enabling them to teach themselves throughout their lives.
The curriculum accomplishes this by creating purposeful and productive play experiences throughout the day. In addition, children learn the skills necessary to socialize in a group of peers, or develop individual friendships, without the presence of a parent.
The YWCA Greenwich Preschool Greenwich campus includes four outdoor play areas, including a water playground, Kompan structures playgrounds and a sand play area.
Annually renovated to meet upgraded standards, the school contains large classrooms and areas for childhood learning. Rooms are specifically designed to facilitate development at each age and stage. It is a safe, happy and clean environment that permits children to learn at their own pace.
Girls and Boys 15 Months – 3 Years
A nurturing experience where children learn to separate, build early socialization skills and advance through play, discovery, exploration, and observation. The process is unhurried and encourages emotional and physical development.
Learning and activity modules include:
• Music, Songs, Stories
• STEAM activities
• Finger Plays
• Art Experiences
• Small and Large Motor Skill Coordination
• Indoor and Outdoor Play
Girls and Boys 3 - 5 years
Creative preschool at its best in an atmosphere rich in experiences, concepts, and ideas. The focus is on a developmentally appropriate curriculum and activities that encourage the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of the child. Teaching methods encourage intellectual growth and creative expression. The result is a child who is fully prepared for kindergarten, and beyond.
Our curriculum and activities include:
• Literacy: encourages verbal communication skills and recognition of letters
• Hands-on Science: forms a foundation for intellectual development, including STEAM experimentation
• Art: encourages individual creative thoughts and expressions
• Hands-on Math: introduces experiences associated with numerical concepts
• Manipulatives: develops concentration, fine motor skills, and hand-eye coordination
• Music: develops an awareness of one’s body through movement and rhythmic activities and explores the use of voice and musical instruments
• Foreign Language: an introduction to Spanish through stories, wordplay, and songs
• Swimming and Gymnastics Instruction: teaches social skills and builds physical strength
• Yoga: improves focus and concentrations skills, while reducing barriers to learning
• Stamford Nature Center: fosters appreciation and respect for the natural world and diversity of life on earth
Girls and Boys 3 - 5 years
A full-day (7:30 am - 6:00 pm), 5-day-per-week, 49-week program that offers the same curriculum as Tinker Tots. This program is ideal for working parents.
We take pride in offering our students a learning experience that provides a unique curriculum taught by a community of educators who care deeply about every child’s development.
Visiting our facility is the first step in deciding whether the YWCA Preschool is right for you and your child. Click through below to schedule a tour! During your visit, you will tour the facility, see all the classrooms and spend time receiving answers to all your questions.
Note: Space is limited. Completion of this application form is the first step in registering your child for YWCA Greenwich Preschool, but it does not guarantee a space or grade placement.
Name: YWCA Greenwich - Steven and Alexandra Cohen Preschool Center
Address: 259 East Putnam Avenue, Greenwich, CT 06830.
Phone: 203-869- 6501
Here at YWCA Greenwich, we are proud to mean many things to many different people.
When you become a member of YWCA Greenwich, you become a part of a community of courage, compassion and commitment to every person who walks through our doors. Through leadership, innovative programs, services and educational opportunities, YWCA Greenwich is a driving force for a healthier, safer and more equitable community.
Our beautiful facility is located on 6.5 acres in the heart of Greenwich, CT and includes a heated pool, a modern fitness center, locker rooms, steam room, sauna, as well as a water playground. We encourage our members to stay active with programs for every interest. We even have a nationally ranked competitive swim team with over 200 members.
YWCA Greenwich is home to Greenwich’s only pitching machine and softball batting cage system. The property also includes two tennis courts and a sports field. In addition to youth sports programs, adults have access to fitness classes for all levels, including an all-new power spin class complete with top-of-the-line, Star Trac Blade Ion Spinner Cycles. For those who love aquatics, membership includes lap swim, aquatic fitness and our new YW Floats class that combines core strength with aerobics on the water.
Empowering women and girls for over 35 years, YWCA Greenwich has been the sole provider of free domestic abuse services for our community. We offer a 24-hour hotline, safety planning, crisis intervention, counseling, community education, as well as divorce support groups. If you or someone you love needs help or a compassionate ear, please call our hotline at 203-622-0003.
Dedicated to improving our community in Greenwich, CT, YWCA Greenwich partners with local action groups, and Greenwich Town Government, as well as police, area hospitals, clergy, and local businesses which have allowed us to form and lead community education and justice initiatives to eliminate racism in our community.
We encourage people of all ages to visit or call YWCA Greenwich to learn more about the services we offer. For more information contact us at 203-869-6501 or email email@example.comClick Here To Learn More
Categories: Schools & Summer Camps
Fast & Easy. Don't worry. We'll never post anything without your permission.
There are no products matching the selection.
Fast & Easy. Don't worry. We'll never post anything without your permission.