Now that October is here, pick out the perfect pumpkin and get it all dressed up for the season!
Greenwich Parks & Recreation, in partnership with the Greenwich Arts Council, are excited to present the 2020 Pumpkin Decorating Contest.
This virtual contest will be for the best-decorated pumpkin! Pick out the perfect pumpkin, dress it up, and take a photo and you'll be eligible to win a prize from sponsor Valley Pediatrics.
Photo submissions must be sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include: Title and picture(s) of pumpkin(s), full name(s) of decorator(s), and home address.
Deadline to submit photos: Friday, November 6. Contest open to Greenwich residents only.
Prizes awarded by Valley Pediatrics! The Town reserves the right to use photos in Town media.
A Few Guidelines for the 2020 Pumpkin Decorating Contest
- Pumpkins may not be carved or hollowed out.
- Objects, paper and materials of any kind may be pinned or glued to pumpkins.
- Participants may also draw or paint on their entries or dress them up.
- Again, do not carve or hollow out your pumpkin.
- No electrical device may be used as part of any entry.
- Each photo entry must have a title.
- There is to be minimal parental help decorating the pumpkin.
- No pre-purchased pre-decorated pumpkins will be allowed to enter the contest
- One photo entry per household.
Some Helpful Tips
- Choose a firm pumpkin, with no blemishes, and make sure the stem is firmly attached.
- Use acrylic paint if you wish to paint your pumpkin.
- First wash your pumpkin under running water.
- Store your pumpkin in a cool, dry and well-ventilated place, protected from frost.
- Use a glue gun and straight pins to attach decorations to your pumpkin.
Featured image: Pumpkin painted by Charlene Taubert of NewEnglandInnkeeper.com
Disclaimer: This information was deemed reliable (at time of publication) – but it is not guaranteed – hours of operation, offerings, availability, prices, details, and etc. are subject to change or withdrawal at any time and for any reason. All data should be independently verified.